- This event has passed.
AUTOSPORTS NORTHWEST AUTOCROSS EVENT #6
May 21 @ 7:00 am
Reminder – Registration closes at 6:00 PM on Friday May 19th.
Autosports Northwest – 2023 Autocross #6
This event will be held at the Deer Park Airport, via the East Entrance.
Access to the venue is via Missile Site Road. At the end of Missile Site Road, take a left (West) into the open airport gate. There should be an Autosports Northwest banner hanging on the fence. Please be mindful of the 35MPH speed limit on Missile Site Road and keep cars with loud exhaust in higher gears please, we need to be kind to our neighbors.
Burn-outs for the purpose of venting frustration, showing off, and creating smoke shows are NOT PERMITTED. It is obvious if someone is trying to keep the car on track and sometimes this happens, but it should not be to vent frustration or show off. Doing so greatly accelerates the deterioration of the track surface and often leads to more downtime to patch the track, which means we all get fewer runs. Please, please be mindful of this, thank you.
Drivers and passengers must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
Please read the numbered points below for current ASNW event rules.
1. It is highly encouraged to pre-register and pre-pay for these events online through the AXWare ORM website (links above), online registration closes at 6:00 PM on Friday May 19th. If you do not pre-register and pre-pay you may still race that day but it will cost $50 to get you registered as a walkup entrant. Online registration and payment are fairly easy, and the officers and Facebook admins will be available and happy to answer questions or to help provide support if needed for the registration process. If you paid and cannot attend the event for whatever reason, a credit toward a future event will be recorded by our Treasurer and issued to your Axware ORM account. Once applied to your account this credit should automatically apply itself at checkout for the next event. If this does not happen or the total is not correct, simply contact our treasurer Kim Arman (email@example.com) or an officer and we can assist.
2. This is an all-day event so please plan accordingly. You are required to be present for your work assignment when you are not driving. If you have an emergency which does require you to leave early you must speak with the club president (Jack Wade-Red Miata #2) and/or vice-president (Jason Aguilar-Nissan 370Z #191) before leaving so we know why a person is missing from the course worker list
3. Loaner helmets will be available if you feel comfortable using one. Priority on loaner helmets always goes to drivers if helmets are in high demand. Please return the loaner helmet promptly after using it.
4. Ride-alongs will be permitted during these events, passengers and drivers are required to be 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
5. Spectators will be allowed at these events but are required to keep a safe distance (at least 150 feet) from the active track area and should not be distracting to vehicles in motion or course workers. Spectators wishing to remain in their vehicle while viewing the racing will need to park along the eastern tree line on the far side of the dirt access road to ensure a safe distance in case racing cars go off track.
Spectating is free for everyone, we just ask that you sign the waiver paperwork and maintain the safe distance from the active track area mentioned above. Photographers are welcome too, but you must have a spotter with you and must follow the same at least 150 feet away from the active track area rule.
Vehicle safety inspections (tech inspection) are required for each vehicle. Season tech will be available for this event, fill out the form HERE and bring it to Jack Wade during your next safety tech inspection for approval and a season tech sticker.
Tech inspection, registration check-in/insurance waivers/barcode stickers, and work assignments will begin by 8:00am and will close at the usual 9:00am. We will have a table outside the trailer designated for the waivers and a table in the back of the trailer for the run group and worker assignment details.
Any additional requirements and information will be presented during the drivers meeting.
ROLL BARS ON NON-STOCK / MODIFIED OPEN TOP CARS ARE REQUIRED – NO EXCEPTIONS
Stock open top cars are ok without roll bars.
Your helmet must be at least DOT rated, but a SNELL rated helmet is highly recommended (must be SNELL 2015 and newer). Personal helmets must be inspected with the car to ensure they are meeting the requirements. An insurance waiver is required to be signed by all who are on-site, drivers or spectators.
The East Entrance airport gate is open by 07:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Safety Tech inspections and event check-in/work assignments is open by 8:00 AM and closes promptly at 9:00 AM. It is highly recommended to arrive early so that you have a chance to properly walk the course and ensure your vehicle and equipment are ready to race!
Camping overnight on Friday and Saturday nights at the venue is allowed, provided you pack it in, pack it out. There is a garbage dumpster on site so there is no excuse for trash to be left behind. For those camping Friday night, the airport gate is usually open by 4:00 PM on Friday for track setup.
Please come prepared with anything you will need for the day, this is an all-day event, and remember to bring lots of water as there is no on-site water service. We are usually done around 4:00 PM with an average of 6-8 runs depending on driver count and any downtime. Lunch break is typically between 12:00 and 1:00 and lasts for roughly 30 minutes, please come prepared with a lunch as there is not enough time to drive into town and back. If a food vendor will be on-site this page and the reminder email will be updated to include that information.
A membership is not required to race, but it is highly recommended if you plan to come to 5 or more events during the season. The membership pays for itself with discounts after only 5 events and is a great way to help support the club to continue putting on these events and to help update our equipment when needed. Membership also makes you eligible for season trophy contention and grants free access for yourself to the end of season banquet.
Season Membership – $50.00
Online pre-registration and pre-payment are strongly encouraged. The cost to race if you do not pre-register and pay will be $50.
Members who pre-registered through AXWare ORM – $35.00
Non-members who pre-registered through AXWare ORM – $45.00
Members and Non-members who do not pre-register through Axware ORM (walkup registrations) – $50.00
Reminder – Registration closes at 6:00 PM on Friday May 19th.
7:00 AM – Gates Open – Course Walk
8:00-9:00 AM – Tech Inspections / Check-in / Worker Assignments
9:00 AM – Tech / Check-in closes, Drivers Meeting
9:15 AM – Drivers/Workers deployed
9:30 AM – Racing!
12:00 PM (approximately) – Lunch
After lunch – More Racing!
4:00ish PM – Done Racing, track cleanup and awards